9 more days to go
- Negotiation & Marketing are the key to MAKE or BREAK…All the fancy looking numbers on excel sheets are not enough but interpreting them convincingly is of utmost importance. You don't get deals by numbers because everybody has the same numbers. What work in your favor are your communication skills. Even if you have no substance on paper, you can still shine with some good marketing.
- To make your work sound very important, effective & complicated. use words like “analyse”, ” strategy”, ” value enhancement”, etc generously.
- A true MBA never ever gives straight jacket answers like YES, NO or I DON'T KNOW. All that you say is... "we'll have to look into it" or "it depends" etc etc. Even the non MBA successful businessmen that we see all around us also use such lingo :)
- Always consider OPPORTUNITY COST..... The principle of opportunity cost applies to everything: every choice has hidden costs (i.e if you do one thing you forego doing various other things that you could have done in the same time or money or both) whether you’re buying groceries, buying clothes ( the dilemma of buying a skirt or those amazing shoes within your limited budget ;)) , or taking on a new project.
- If you cannot convince a person, confuse him.
- Its best to be “Jack of all trades, master of none”
- MBA concepts are not just "gyaan", they are actually applicable to real time situations.
- Good academics + Great Communication Skills + Loads of Self Confidence+ Little bit of Luck = A Successful MBA Story
- Lastly, I learnt to make some real good Power Point Presentations and I really am good at it, in fact I would say I am superb at making and delivering PPTs :) :) :)