I am different from my batch-mates in certain ways. Here are some of the facts:
- I am an INDIAN married girl
- I am doing MBA after my marriage
- My husband is an engineer from IIT and an MBA from XLRI ( for the benefit of non Indian readers, these 2 are the premier educational institutes in India) and now has moved to Sharjah (UAE)
Once people got over this fact they started commenting why do you need a job from college, your husband will get you a job of your liking. All these people knew that I am one of the biggest competitors they had and they did acknowledge this fact but also left no opportunity to comment sarcastically.
Then came the news that me and my husband are going to relocate to Sharjah and all hell break lose (OK I am exaggerating but then I am very angry). The comments that followed:
- "NRI, hmn... nice.... why do you need a job now, your husband is earning in dirhams"
- "What will you do with a job, spend what your husband earns"
- "You have an NRI husband, rich girl you are"
- "Oh God! Why don't I have a husband in Dubai"
- etc etc etc
All these people have simply mentioned the facts: My husband is financially sound, I like to spend, for all practical purposes I do not need a job. Also these people have never ever doubted my capabilities, they know I am good rather better then a lot of them. But, I am still angry with all the comments and most importantly the tone of the comments. It just makes me ANGRY and irritated and I have actually yelled at a couple of them.
My point is that if you are that amazed, intrigued or jealous then instead of looking for a job, look for a rich spouse yourself and stop bothering me.
Probably I am simply exaggerating, probably this is the way people talk in general. But my problem is that I do not comment on anybody else's life, I do not give unsolicited advices and I expect the same in return.... I guess I am expecting too much... Whatever.... from now onwards I have decided not to pay attention to silly people and their super silly comments.
Actually after writing the entire post I realize that now a days everybody is commenting on everybody else... For example:
- When a student who has got the job attends the classes regularly, people say, "Why are you attending classes, you are already placed"
- When the same student bunks the classes the same people say, " Why will you attend the classes, you are already placed"
I think I feel better now :)
Thanks for reading all the ramblings of mine....