Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Beautiful Leh Journey (Part 1)

Many of you have asked me to write about and show the pictures of my Leh trip, so here we go.

It was simply beautiful. Although because of acclimatization issues, I was going bonkers with a headache for the first 4 days, but after that it was simply fun. The varied terrain, the amazing drives, pretty colors, the perfect weather, all made it a memorable vacation

I am posting some of the photos of this vacation. It will be a 3 part series. I hope you enjoy the pictures

Cloud Cover on the way to Khardungla Pass- World's highest Motor-able pass at 18000 feet
Snow covered Khardungla pass
The twisty narrow roads 
Beautiful Green Valleys
Wonderful double rainbows at Nubra valley camp site
Enjoying the little snow flakes during an 8 hour wait for the snow covered roads to be cleared  on the Khardungla pass
The most riskiest mountain climb ever undertaken by us - Snow covered single lane roads further blocked by excessive  snow on the sides 
The equipment on the way to push and save the mini van which was hanging  precariously  onto the mountain slope
The van in question. 
After ages an ages I got to wear so many layers of winter clothing :)
Being a little adventurous in the snow :)



                                      Find me on Facebook, Twitter & Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. This is so good! The last picture scared me a little because it's snowing! I wear like 2 layers of clothes in winters here in Asia :P So yeah that was a shock for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing shots! Never been to Leh, so this is pretty motivating for me... The roads look very risky indeed!

    ReplyDelete